Skip to main content

NTA Reporter, Mrs Olubunmi Oke Narrates Her Odeal With Kidnappers

Olubunmi Oke
Kidnapped NTA reporter, Mrs Olubunmi Oke, has been released by the abductors, Saturday, has narrated her three-day ordeal in the camp of the kidnappers. According to her, “I noticed a car following me at high speed, so I had to increase the speed with which I was driving and I rolled up my glass.


“Very close to Jojein Hotel, Oba-Ile, the road was very bad. So I had to slow down to carefully maneuvre through the potholes. It was at that point that they levelled up with me and I was double-crossed.


“I asked them what my offence was. I even offered them my car keys but three of them, armed with guns, dragged me into their car. One of them got into my car and drove behind us.

“They drove through Owode to FUTA and to Ondo. They told me they were taking me to DeltaState but when we got to Ore, they blindfolded me.

“They blindfolded me from Thursday night till Saturday night when I was released. So it was impossible for me to know where I was.

“My housemaid and six-month-old baby were in the car with me. They dropped them on the road before driving my car away. They later got home in a public transport. I learnt they later dropped my car at Igbara-Oke.

“At present, the car is with the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS. When I was released on Saturday, they gave me my car keys. I hope to get the car during the week.

Nobody sent them against me

“Nobody sent them to me. It was a case of random kidnapping. I just walked into their hands. I do not want to believe anyone sent them to me because when they got me, they were asking me series of questions, ‘Where do you work?’ ‘Who are you?’

“I think that showed clearly that they did not know anything about me. I think the car I was driving coupled with the way I was dressed (I read news that evening; so I still had my clothes and jewelry on) made them think I was a good catch.

No ransom was paid

“The men of the SSS took charge of the situation; the SARS and God’s intervention were also there. So, we did not pay.

“ Also, the fact that they got to know that I was a journalist and that the news was everywhere hastened my release.

“My experience in their hands was not palatable. For days, I could only drink water.-Vanguard

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naked eBay seller photo goes viral - Aimi Jones sells dress for $245,000

Watch how ,where and when you take your shots and examine them before posting to social media, or any where on the web: Aimi Jones   sure is regretting for posting a yellow ASOS skater dress to eBay, she clearly did not realize that she was selling a bit more than she

Join Barr. Chychy Ayodele On Aso FM Abuja, Speaking on CONFAB, Woman,Children's Right & Other Legal Issues!

Join Barr Chychy Ayodele on ASO FM in Abuja, tomorrow, she will speaking on National Conference, Woman,Children's Right & Other Legal Issues,

Oby Ezekwesili, BBOG Group Praises Military Over 21 Chibok Girls Release

Leaders of the movement, Oby Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, in a statement jointly signed said that the “wonderful development” confirms what it has always known about the activity of the government to rescue the Chibok girls. The group said that while it awaits further details, it salutes the work of the nation’s security services at the front lines: its commitment, resilience and tireless efforts of the members of the Multi-National Joint Task Force and the Civilian JTF. The group also thanked the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Swiss government and all negotiators involved in securing the release.