Reprieve came the way of stranded motorists along Lokoja-Abuja Road, as the Federal Government
directed the opening of identified bye-passes along the road on Wednesday.
Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolemenen, informed State House correspondents about the directive, after the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Vice-President Namadi Sambo, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
Onolemenen said that the bye-passes which had been created around the flooded area would be opened to motorists from Thursday.
He said government had engaged construction giants in the country to create the bye-passes as a temporary measure to ease the suffering of commuters.