Could this be the final report on "Apo killings"? The National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, yesterday, said its investigations revealed that eight persons that were killed by a joint team of the Nigerian Army and operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, at an uncompleted building situated at the Apo District of the Federal Capital Territory on September 20, 2013, were not members of the Boko Haram Islamic sect as was alleged by security agencies.

In a report it released yesterday, the commission, which had earlier conducted a public hearing on the matter, said there was no shred of evidence to show that the deceased victims belonged to the dreaded Jama’atu ahlus sunnah lid da’awati wal jihad, also known as Boko Haram
Consequently, the commission ordered the Federal Government to pay N10 million compensation to each of the families of the eight deceased persons as well as pay N5 million to each of the 11 injured survivors.


0 post comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Abujatalk.Com © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top