Skip to main content

Nollywood Star Stella Damasus To Jaiye, “It Still Feels Like Yesterday”


 
This what Wow! It's amazing how time flies. It's been nine years since you left us and it still feels like yesterday. I guess it's because I remember too many things and feel all the emotions like they just happened. I woke up this morning with thoughts and visions of you, wondering what you could be doing right now and the number of new friends and angels you would be chatting with now.
You were always the man of the people; who loved to put smiles on faces, especially mine.

 also wondered what and who you would expect me to be now. I wondered if I have done justice to at least a huge portion of all the plans we had together.
Before I got out of bed I wanted to make sure that wherever you are, there would still be a smile on your face when you see how far I have gone. I nodded my head, smiled and got up because I knew that God heard us those nights we held hands and prayed together, asking for his help in accomplishing what we set out to do, especially in the lives of our children Isabel and Angelica. He has done great things in our lives and has continued to be there for us.

Jaiye, your girls miss you so much and I have made sure that whenever they hear any of your songs, they know it's you because that voice has remained in their hearts. Isabel still tells me how she knows that her shoe size came from you and Angelica insists that her height has nothing to do with me but owes it to you. Above all they know and will always know what a wonderful and loving father you were. Nothing will ever change that no matter what.
As I always say "time does not heal wounds, it only makes the load and pain lighter. Only God can heal wounds".

Today I am writing this letter to you and I am not crying, instead I am smiling because in my heart I know you are in the best place ever, where your laughter will resonate.
I miss you so much my love and I know that when the time comes I will see you again.


Okay, let me go and face the world now. You are so lucky because you no longer have to deal with all the hate, gossip, backbiting, deception, oppression, sickness, war, accidents, disasters, robbery and all the other things the rest of us have to deal with.

Rest in the arms of The Lord JAY.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naked eBay seller photo goes viral - Aimi Jones sells dress for $245,000

Watch how ,where and when you take your shots and examine them before posting to social media, or any where on the web: Aimi Jones   sure is regretting for posting a yellow ASOS skater dress to eBay, she clearly did not realize that she was selling a bit more than she

Oby Ezekwesili, BBOG Group Praises Military Over 21 Chibok Girls Release

Leaders of the movement, Oby Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, in a statement jointly signed said that the “wonderful development” confirms what it has always known about the activity of the government to rescue the Chibok girls. The group said that while it awaits further details, it salutes the work of the nation’s security services at the front lines: its commitment, resilience and tireless efforts of the members of the Multi-National Joint Task Force and the Civilian JTF. The group also thanked the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Swiss government and all negotiators involved in securing the release.

Silverbird Rhythm 947 Abuja Celebrates Trish, the Love Girl (PHOTOS)

Silverbird Rhythm 94.7MHZ Fm Abuja, celebrates their Love girl (OAP), presenter of  "Rhythms of the Night" with a party , check out photos!